Your 2¢

Click any reply link to respond directly to a comment, or use the form at the bottom of this page to include a new comment.

221 Responses to “Your 2¢”

1. ARW says:

Hi John

I loved your books! Which is why I’m leaving you this question… And apologies for being a stranger on the interwebs who accosts you asking for help. You must get enough of that in the real world 🙂

I’m trying to write humorous fiction (with some minor success at times) but I struggle with parts, especially the explosions between characters that lead to humorous situations. I think my characters are ok, but something’s missing.

I think I’ve read all your books on sitcom writing at this stage, plus a few others… Are there any online workshops or coaches you can recommend? Any sit-com writing classes you’re about to teach? (Either online or in Melbourne, Australia)

Sorry for the strange question, but I’m trying my darndest to be funnier, faster 🙂

2. ejaz,hussain186 says:

decide toplay great poker

3. Ilene says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost
    a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% sure.
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate it

Feel free to surf to my web site :: compare motor trade
    insurance (http://www.swapshopireland.com/)

4. admin says:

The Texas Twist is now available on Kindle. Go to http://tinyurl.com/tttamazon. Enjoy the ride and thanks for the kind words! -jv

5. Nina says:

Will The Texan Twist be on Kindle?
    And thank you for writing such entertaining books with their wild characters and adventures.
    Nina

6. redbubble promo code says:

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely feel this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice! redbubble promo code http://cardinal-pts.com/redbubble-coupon

7. admin says:

I’m sorry, no. The days of hard cover first runs are pretty much over for books like me.

8. Dolores Cunningham says:

Is your new book The Texas Twist going to be available in HardCover? Thanks

9. admin says:

Ricardo,
    I wish I could help you out, man, but you already have the best of my wisdom, there between the covers of those books. The fact is, I’m really not “of the poker world” that much anymore. I’m more of a novelist guy now. But I can say this: GO BIG OR GO HOME. Follow your dream to the end of your dream. Take one step at a time and you’ll get where you’re going for sure.

10. Ricardo says:

hello, okay with you? I would be a good online player, bought his two books, killer1 and 2, play poker already has three years, I committed an offense in my life online poker and would like to help by not got nobody to guide me and I just get that confused with the head of so many issues. I spoke to you on twitter @ rikoacoustic am and you can help me somehow? I am Brazilian, I’m 27 years old and have all the time in the world to commit myself, grateful